If you’re in the process of building a new home or just looking to remodel the outside of your current one, there’s no more critical choice than picking your new siding. Siding not only protects your home from the elements, it can also make or break the outward appearance of your home.
Nowadays, we have multiple options to choose from when it comes to picking our house’s siding. Just like every choice we make, each option for new siding has its pros and cons. Continue to learn more about a few different siding options and help make your decision easier.
Vinyl and polymer siding
Vinyl and polymer siding is good because:
- It’s affordable: Depending on the brand, design and color of the vinyl siding you select, you’ll only pay between 65 cents and $2 per square foot. Talk about a great deal! If you choose to sell your home after installing vinyl siding, you can recoup up to 80 percent of the original installation cost.
- It’s completely customizable: There are literally hundreds of different color and design options available for vinyl and polymer siding in Fort Collins, CO.
- It’s long lasting: Depending on the quality of the installation and the brand name you choose, vinyl and polymer siding lasts between 20 and 30 years.
- It’s bad for the environment: As mentioned above, it lasts for 20 to 30 years. That means if you replace your siding before its lifespan is up, it could spend the rest of its lifetime sitting in a landfill.
- It may eventually fade: If you choose a colored vinyl siding, it has the potential to fade in color over time because of the beating it takes from the sun.
Brick siding is good because:
- It adds value to your home: Brick is a beautiful option for your home. It’s very popular amongst homebuyers and therefore can add value to your home when you’re trying to sell.
- It’s long lasting: Brick can last for up to 100 years!
- It’s expensive: Brick is a lot more expensive to install than other materials because it’s so heavy. The bricks themselves can also cost up to $10 per square foot.
- It can be hard to install: Installing brick siding on a home isn’t an easy task. You need to make sure you’re hiring a reputable company to do the installation so nothing goes awry.
Wood siding is good because:
- It’s durable: Wood is another long lasting siding material. If properly maintained, it can also last up to 100 years.
- Unlimited color options: Just like vinyl and polymer siding in Fort Collins, CO, wood can be stained in any color you’d like.
- It requires a lot of upkeep: To keep your wood siding looking good and lasting a long time, you need to repaint or reseal the wood every few years. If homeowners neglect to do this, total replacement may be necessary, and that can cost thousands of dollars.
- It’s expensive: Coming in at up to $8 per square foot, wood is one of the more expensive options.
If you choose to install vinyl and polymer siding in Fort Collins, CO, we hope you’ll choose us to install it! Contact TNT Home Improvements today to learn more about all of our services.
Click here to learn more about our siding installation services.