What Type of Siding Installation Is Right for Your Home?
Whether you’re building a new home or considering having your home re-sided, you’ll be faced with some tough choices. There’s a dizzying array of siding options out there, mainly due to how many materials are available to be used for this purpose. How do you choose the best one for your home?
You’ll want to consider a number of factors when choosing siding installation in Fort Collins, CO. These include energy efficiency, climate, aesthetics, durability and cost. Each homeowner has a different idea of what they’re looking for. Read on to find the best option for you and your family:
- Metal: Aluminum or steel siding will give your home a modern appearance. It’s very low maintenance, durable and fire-resistant. However, improperly installed metal siding may rust or fade. It can also be more expensive than some other options. It’s also prone to dents and scratching.
- Stucco: This is common with Spanish-style homes and requires three coats of mixture affixed to wood and mesh. This unique look comes in a variety of different colors, is very durable and is easy to fix if damaged. However, the effects of weathering are often evident on stucco, and it’s not a good option in wet climates.
- Wood: Whether it’s pine, spruce or redwood, this is a popular option because of its classic aesthetic. It’s energy-efficient and easily customizable. The light weight may also reduce labor costs. Drawbacks include the possibility of termites damaging the wood and the fact that any stain or paint will need to be replaced every couple of years. Using fiber cement mimics the look of wood, but without many of these issues.
- Stone: Unfortunately, stone is very costly to install. At the same time, once it’s installed, it will last a lifetime. Real stone is considered to have a timeless look, although stone veneer provides a similar aesthetic at a lower cost. This is because it is much lighter than real stone, bringing down labor and transportation costs.
- Vinyl: This is a popular option because it’s inexpensive, comes in a variety of colors and is easy to maintain. Some people don’t love the generic look of vinyl siding. It’s also not waterproof and may be damaged in extreme weather conditions. Still, about one third of American homes have vinyl siding for a reason.
- Brick: Many people love the look of a brick home—and they know this material will withstand the test of time. Brick is so solid that it may bring down your home insurance costs. However, it isn’t customizable because it can’t be repainted. It’s also one of the more expensive options for siding installation. Veneer brick can bring down these costs.
TNT Home Improvements is the leader in siding installation in Fort Collins, CO. Our licensed and trained team offers excellent customer service and expert craftsmanship for every homeowner we work with. Contact us today for a free estimate and to learn more about our exciting siding options, one of which is sure to be perfect for your home.